Limassol Classic Car Club (LEPAL)
Committee - Members
Limassol Classic Car Club History
In August 1996, a group of friends who appreciated the classic cars, in order to save a part of the Cyprus History, created a local classic car club. In April 1999, the Limassol Classic Car Club is officially registered.
The first Chairman of the club, Andreas Constantinides, was a great fan of the classic cars and owner of some rare cars including a 1963 Jaguar E-Type. Unfortunately he didn’t enjoy the progress of the club, as in January of 2001 he passed away. In order to preserve his passion and enthusiasm in the club, the committee runs every January a classic car rally in his remembrance, carrying his name.
During the following years, LE.P.A.L. organized various events including car shows, touring events, car rallies, crew seminars and more. Annually it holds a charity event, supporting an organization that helps children with special needs.
In 2007, LE.P.A.L. celebrated the Centenary of the car in Cyprus, as the first car arrived on the island in 1907.
Today the club counts more than 400 members with the Committee showing the same enthusiasm and organizing various events, giving the classic car owner the chance to drive and enjoy his classic car.